Need something quick, simple and delicious for dinner or maybe brunch but you don’t have a lot of time and or ingredients? I have the solution for you below. These Flourless Crepes are perfect for a quick dinner, lunch or combine them with other sides for that amazing weekend brunch!
Traditional crepes are a popular French dish made with a combination of flour and eggs. Which is delicious and yummy but also restricting for those that have different dietary needs. This recipe for Flourless Crepes is an extremely versatile, gluten-free version which omits the flour but yields a delicious low-carb wrap you can enjoy with your favorite sweet or savory fillings.
Sweet or Savory Flourless Crepes
Savory combinations are a great way to enjoy leftovers the next day. You can use grilled steak, roasted chicken, and/or your favorite cheese and top with caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, and/or roasted veggies for a quick and delicious breakfast or lunch.
Tip: For flourless savory crepes, add salt, black pepper, garlic salt, and/or dried herbs to the batter before cooking. For sweet crepes, try adding some Pure Ground Ceylon Cinnamon, vanilla extract, and/or a drizzle of maple syrup, instead.
- Batter Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 3 T half and half
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 6 oz. goat cheese
- 12 grape tomatoes sliced
- 6 oz. white mushrooms sliced and sautéed
- 2 T. fresh basil chopped
- 3 T. sliced green onion green part only
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 oz. fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream*
- 1-2 T. real maple syrup
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- * Directions for maple whipped cream and balsamic glaze are included below.
- Combine eggs, half and half, and olive oil in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. If desired, season batter with savory or sweet ingredients as described above.
- Lightly spray a 10” non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and set over medium-low heat. (You may want to adjust heat up slightly to just below medium).
- Pour ¼ cup of egg batter into pre-heated skillet and swirl pan to evenly coat the bottom with a thin layer. If any holes appear, add a little more batter to fill. Cover pan and cook until egg batter begins to set, approximately 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Once set, gently loosen the edges with a silicon spatula and flip the crepe, being careful to not break or tear it in the process. Cook for one minute more and remove crepe from pan. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place desired filling ingredients in the center of each crepe and fold over both sides to cover. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- To Make Maple Whipped Cream:
- In a large glass bowl, blend 1 pint of heavy whipping cream with a hand or immersion blender until it doubles in size and changes texture. Then, drizzle maple syrup into the bowl and continue blending until the mixture is light and fluffy. Set aside.
- To Make the Balsamic Glaze:
- Heat 1 cup of good balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced to about 1/3 of its original volume, stirring continually. When the liquid becomes thick and syrupy, it is ready to use. Cool slightly before using.
Here’s to Simple and Delicious eats,
Looking for more quick and simple recipes?