Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Although pumpkin muffins are traditionally a fall favorite, there is no reason you can’t enjoy these delicious lightly spiced muffins all year round. This version is topped with coarse sugar for a decorative touch, but they are just as wonderful plain or with a cream cheese frosting.
Super Year Round Benefits of Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Pumpkin puree isn’t just for the fall when we love to bake and put it in literally everything! Using pumpkin puree year round is an excellent idea, not only is it yummy but it has amazing benefits for our health. Did you know that pumpkins are potent sources of vitamin A and Fiber?!! And don’t discount the pumpkin seeds. C’mon, it’s so easy to just roast those little cuties and use them as a snack or a muffin topper! Those little pumpkin seeds pack a big punch when it comes to fiber, about a half a days allotment of fiber!
Snack on some pumpkin seeds and you just may sleep better. Yep, pumpkin seeds contain magnesium, which may play a role in supporting deep, restorative sleep by helping to maintain healthy levels of GABA, a neurotransmitter responsible for promoting sleep. Pumpkin seeds are also unusually high in magnesium, which is involved in many biochemical reactions in your body, including blood sugar control, heart rate regulation, muscle movements, protein formation, and boosting your energy levels. Yay, pumpkin seeds!!
Many Uses for Pumpkin Puree
So what are the many ways we can use homemade pumpkin puree, or store bought organic pumpkin puree) other than our delicious Pumpkin Spice Muffin Recipe?
- Blend up a Pumpkin Smoothie
- Pumpkin Mousse
- Pumpkin Coffee Creamer
- Pumpkin Chai Tea
- Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin Spice Raisin Cookies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Energy Balls
- Pumpkin Face Mask
There are endless possibilities when it comes to incorporating the healthy and delicious Pumpkin! But now let’s get to our featured recipe: Pumpkin Spice Muffins! Quick tip; Bake a double batch and freeze half, they freeze beautifully!
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 2 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 C Canola Oil
- 2/3 C Water
- 4 Large Eggs
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 3 1/2 C All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 C Course flaked sugar OR Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners
- Combine sugar, oil, water, eggs, and pumpkin puree in a large mixing bowl and beat on low for1 minute. Do not over mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger to a small bowl and stir to combine. Add dry mixture to pumpkin batter and beat on low just until all ingredients are moist.
- Fill cupcake liners with batter until they are ¾ full. Bake for 12-15 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle each muffin with coarse decorating sugar and return to oven to finish baking another 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Here’s to Simple and delicious eats,
Looking for more quick and simple recipes?