Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
with Sriracha Hummus
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. smoked paprika
Sea salt and black, pepper to taste
6 c. baby spinach
2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
2 yellow bell peppers, sliced thin
2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 c. plain hummus
2-3 T. sriracha sauce
2 large avocados, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2. Toss sweet potato cubes with olive oil, ground cumin, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Spread into a single layer without overcrowding.
3. Place baking sheet in a preheated oven, and roast until potatoes are fork tender, around 20 minutes.
4. While the sweet potatoes are roasting, divide and arrange baby spinach, sliced peppers, cucumber, and cilantro in four serving bowls. Set aside.
5. Whisk the hummus and sriracha sauce together in a small bowl and set aside.
6. When the sweet potatoes are finished roasting, remove from oven and cool for several minutes before dividing between the four Buddha bowls.
7. To serve, top each bowl with diced avocado and a big dollop of sriracha hummus. Enjoy!